Redshift Music 2021 Call for Works for Glass Instruments
Redshift Music and 240 Northern are pleased to announce an open call for compositions for our new Glass instruments. Redshift and 240 Northern have built a collection of hanging glass instruments (featuring carboys, various shaped pieces of glass, and wine glasses) which are played with different types of mallets by four percussionists. We call it the Sandwaves project. The instrument has an array of sonic possibilities which we hope your compositional works will explore.
If selected, your composition will be rehearsed and performed for a professionally engineered/edited video release in Summer 2021.
In addition, it may also be performed in a live concert (when feasible) as well as released on an upcoming album on Redshift Records.
Below are a few videos featuring our glass instruments that we have created so far.
More specific details can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w6lwd5op6t53433/AACQHjNKzCg5yyo4j9TSde80a?dl=0
– This call is open to Canadian Composers, or those who self-identify as Canadians.
– Submitted works should not be longer than 10 minutes.
– May be previously existing works that have already received a premiere as long as it fits our instrumentation (i.e. open score, graphic score, etc).
– We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, ethnicities, genders.
– Composers may submit one work each, with a score in PDF format, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
– There is no submission fee
– Works should be for all four percussionists
– Submissions must be received by May 1, 2021
– The jury will announce the selected works by the end of May.
Any questions? Email: email@example.com